Grounding affirmations help you focus on the present moment and restore balance in your life. They can help you feel more connected to yourself and the world around you.
In this article, we will look at why grounding affirmations are important and how to use grounding affirmations, plus you’ll get 99 powerful grounding affirmations to use in your daily mindfulness and/or journaling practice.
Related Article: 12 Benefits of Mindfulness: Mind, Body, and Soul
Why Are Grounding Affirmations Important in Life
When you use grounding affirmations regularly, you are positively impacting a number of areas of your life. In addition to helping you create a more balanced life, you will be improving these areas as well:
When we say someone is grounded, it means they have built a solid foundation in life and are not easily swayed or distracted by other influences.
Therefore, they are considered stable and balanced, as if deeply connected to what really matters in their lives. Visualize a tree with deep roots in the forest.
Grounding affirmations can help you create more stability, balance, and energy like that tree rooted deeply in the forest.
We can also use the ancient origins of grounding to understand how and why grounding affirmations are important in life.
Ancient meditation practices focused on 7 focal points in the body called chakras. The root chakra (sometimes called the Muladhara chakra), at the base of your spine, literally connects you to earth, like the root of a plant.
Think about the meditation and yoga lotus position where you sit on the ground. Which part of your body is connected to Earth? Use this as another visual to help you understanding grounding.
According to ancient practices related to the chakras, this root chakra is the source of your feelings of stability, security, and energy that flow upward into your body. It provides a firm foundation for all you do in life.
Even if you don’t believe in chakras, the concept can be used to visualize and explain the idea of grounding.
Today, mental health professionals even believe grounding can help people reduce anxiety, calm intrusive thoughts, and elevate their mood.
So when you feel disconnected, distracted, or out of control, you can use grounding affirmations (sometimes called chakra affirmations) along with other grounding techniques, to reestablish balance and stability in your life.
Grounding Affirmations for Balance and Energy
- Today I exist fully in the present moment.
- I am in touch with my true self.
- I have obtained deep inner peace.
- I am deeply connected to Mother Earth.
- I am worthy of love and acceptance.
- I release all negative thoughts.
- My basic needs are being met.
- I am in the right place at the right time.
- My deep breaths fill me with peaceful energy.
- My positive thoughts keep me safe.
- I am worthy of respect.
- I feel a sense of safety in my daily life.
- I am capable of self love.
- I have strong roots that give me a healthy body.
- I have a safe home.
- My positive energy protects me.
- My entire body is aligned and well.
- I am satisfied with my life.
- Today I focus on the things I can control.
- I receive every breath as a gift.
- I am content.
- I am enough
- I am glad to be alive.
- I make the world a better place.
- I have everything that I need in life.
- I live in light and peace on a daily basis.
- I choose peace of mind.
- I am in a natural state of wellness.
- Today I choose positive thinking to guide me.
- I have a wonderfully happy life.
- My current situation is fully manageable through my faith.
- Today and everyday I release all negative energy.
- I cherish my good health and wellbeing.
- I am connected to the universe in everyday life.
- I can manage difficult situations.
- Every cell of my body is connected to the Earth.
- My sense of security is enhanced by my spiritual practice.
- I am grounded to the natural world around me.
- My past mistakes do not define me in any way.
- I make healthy choices for my body and mind.
- My calmness is a powerful force.
- I am exactly where I need to be at this moment.
- I am well.
- I am grounded.
- I am balanced.
- I am full of energy.
- I give my best to the world when I am grounded.
- I practice stillness to calm myself.
- I am full of gratitude.
- My life is full of good things.
- I have nothing to fear.
- I breathe in peace and breathe out worry.
- I treasure my peaceful life.
- I am solid and strong.
- Beauty is all around me.
- Laughter gives me energy.
- Nature gives me energy.
- I know what is really important.
- I have everything I need.
- I focus on what is important.
- I do one thing at a time.
- I give my full attention to what I am doing.
- I stay true to my values and goals.
- I practice being balanced and get better at it.
- Stress reminds me to center and ground myself.
- I find delight in nature walking.
- I am grounded, supported, and safe.
- I am deeply rooted to the earth, like a tree.
- With each breath, I draw fresh, healing energy into my body.
- With every exhale, healing energy circulates, restoring balance and making me stronger.
- Wherever I am, I feel at home — grounded and at peace.
- I am supported by those who love me and make room for me.
- I am nourished, supported, and energized by the earth.
- I am all I need to be happy and at peace.
- I am at home in my body, which easily connects to the earth and its energy.
- I am worthy of love, care, and support.
- I am right where I need to be and am becoming who I need to be.
- I focus on what I’m doing and always do it well.
- I live in an abundant universe and am grateful for all the good in my life.
- With every breath, I inhale calm strength and exhale tension and anxiety.
- I feel a deep connection with the earth as it heals me and restores balance.
- I am giving myself the time I need to connect with the earth and its healing energy.
- Grounding myself helps me see what is no longer serving me, so I can let it go.
- I am present; I am connected; I am calm, capable, and confident.
- I trust that everything will work out.
- I am worthy of receiving what I need to heal, thrive, and grow.
- Connecting with the earth helps me connect more easily with myself and others.
- Grounding myself helps me appreciate being truly alive more than being comfortable.
- The Universe always protects me.
- As the sun rises, so do my wheels of energy and my energy system.
- I am healthy and vibrant.
- It is right to be exactly as I am.
- All my needs are always met.
- My root chakra is balanced so I am safe.
- I have a strong and positive vibrational frequency.
- Even when the world around me feels chaotic, I remain rooted firmly to the ground.
- The root chakra is the foundation of my being and I am safe, supported, and grounded because of it.
- My root chakra is open, balanced, and aligned with the energies of the Earth.
- I am protected by the Earth.
You’ll notice that some of these grounding affirmations are based around the chakras. Whether you believe in the chakras or not, remember that there is a solid foundation of belief that positive affirmations are a powerful tool to help change the way you think and feel.
Thus, using these daily affirmations can change the way your brain thinks and feels. If you need more grounding — more stability, balance, and energy — then these affirmations will help. Visualize the solid, tree in the forest.
How to Use Grounding Affirmations
For best results, make a list of affirmations you feel will work for you. Choose the ones you believe in because you have to say them aloud every day with confidence.
All affirmations are positive statements using the present tense. If you feel comfortable personalizing them, go ahead and make changes. But always keep them positive.
Speak the grounding statements to yourself daily. Use them as often as you like each day. You’ll begin to internalize them and believe the messages. Repeat them with intention often to improve your grounding.
You can also write your daily affirmations in your journal and leave Post-It notes around for reminders throughout the day.
If you are feeling particularly overwhelmed, you can also repeat your grounding affirmations to calm your thoughts and restore a state of connectedness and control to your life.
More About Chakras
For those of you who have an interest in learning more about the ancient beliefs related to the whole chakra system, here is some basic information.
When all 7 chakras are aligned and balanced, our bodies operate at our physical and mental best. When any of them are blocked, we may experience symptoms specific to that chakra. That’s where Chakra Meditation and chakra healing, known as Reiki Therapy, come into practice.
The chakra system is founded on the belief that vital energy flows through your body. Here’s a list of the seven chakras, beginning at the base of the spine, moving upward through the body, and ending at the crown of the head, plus their corresponding energetic functions.
- Root Chakra: Basic trust, stability, energy, safety, security.
- Sacral Chakra: Sexuality, creativity.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Wisdom, power, self awareness.
- Heart Chakra: Love, healing.
- Throat Chakra: Communication.
- Third Eye Chakra: Awareness.
- Crown Chakra: Spiritual connection.
Final Thoughts About Grounding Affirmations
In conclusion, if you find yourself struggling to keep up with the demands of life, consider implementing some grounding affirmations into your routine.
Balance is essential for a happy and healthy life, so make sure to give yourself time to relax and recharge. By acknowledging your feelings and needs, you can take control of your wellbeing and create a life that works for you.
These daily affirmations are a great way of grounding yourself and feeling more connected to the world around you. Good luck!
You might also be interested in these related articles:
- 97 Spiritual Affirmations for Personal Growth and Wellness
- 111 Friendship Affirmations for Deeper Connections
- 50 Powerful Affirmations for Self Love
- 60 Peaceful Bedtime Affirmations for Good Sleep
Love to ALL! ~ Susan
Do You Use Affirmations in Your Mindfulness Practice?
Please share in the comment section please:)