Bad things happen to good people all the time. Unfortunately, there is often nothing we can do about these situations. It’s sad and frustrating, but in the long run it’s often best to accept the situation and move on with a smile.
Life is hard sometimes; there’s no doubt about that. But letting go of anger, resentment, frustration, and other negative feelings about the bad things that happen to you will give you freedom to move forward with a positive, healthy mindset.
It’s easy to get caught up in the negative emotions associated with bad things that happen to you. It can destroy your life and your happiness. Thus it’s often better to accept the situation and move on with a smile. Put it behind you and prove to the world that you are more than OKAY. You are strong and amazing!
Related Article: 160 Amazing Smile Quotes for a Brighter Life
Accept the Situation and Move on with a SMILE
The first step to accepting a difficult situation is to acknowledge it and spend time dealing with your negative emotions. But don’t spend a long time pondering and festering about the negative experience. Your own peace of mind is at stake. Identify your emotions, feel them, and move on.
The next step is to remind yourself that the present moment is just a moment in time. In twenty years, this situation probably won’t matter in the grand scheme of your life. You’ve made it through bad times before and you’ll make it again. The current situation does not define your life.
Bad situations can be a result of many things in life. You may be diagnosed with a serious illness. You may have been bullied and humiliated on social media. You may have had to close your own business because of financial difficulties. Maybe your finance left you standing at the alter.
Maybe you feel like the end of the world is approaching. But it’s not. And you will need to start moving in the right direction to reset your life.
Unfortunately, we don’t live in an ideal world and sometimes it’s hard to have a positive outlook. But the sooner you begin to accept the situation and move on, the easier it will be for you. You need to look for the silver lining and focus on the present.
Make it a top priority. What great things are going on in your life? Who and what do you have gratitude for in your life? What and where is your safe place? Who is the best person in your life?
It’s time to accept the situation and move on. And it’s going to help if you can put a SMILE on your face and bravely power though to your new beginning. Or maybe it’s your next chapter. Even if you put a fake smile on your face, science says it will help you feel better.
Related Article: 18 Surprising Reasons to Keep Smiling More Everyday
A smile can empower you! It can cause your brain to release happy chemicals that make you feel good and help you move on from a negative situation. A smile is the best thing you can do for yourself after you have accepted the situation.
Letting Go and Moving on with a SMILE
Here are some tips that may help you let go of the intrusive thoughts that keep ruminating in your head after something negative has happened to you. The sooner you let go of those thoughts, the better.
- Control your thoughts. You are the only person who can control your thoughts and it’s very easy to let those thoughts get out of control. Put those negative thoughts in a locked compartment in the back of your brain. Do not believe everything your brain tells you; do not believe everything you think and feel.
- Become a new you. Practice becoming unbothered by things that don’t matter. Use this time to focus on doing all the things you’ve always wanted to do and spending time with people you have neglected. Buy new clothes and make-up, go to new places, try new things. Develop a new sense of pride in yourself. There is a lot to celebrate!
- Clean out reminders of the situation. Get rid of anything that reminds you of the negative situation. You don’t need it and it’s doing no one any good.
- Practice self-care and self-love. Eat properly, get enough sleep, smile more, write in a Daily Gratitude Journal, use Daily Positive Affirmations, spend time with trusted friends. Don’t talk about the situation; talk about all the wonderful things in your life!
- Practice kindness and compassion. Do good things for others. Hold doors open for people, compliment a someone on her outfit, help carry packages to the car for a stranger. Clean out your closets and donate your old clothes. It’s an amazing feeling to do random acts of kindness for others. But don’t forget to be kind and compassionate to yourself, too.
- Consider seeing a therapist. If you are unable to work though the negative situation in a timely manner and move on with a smile, consider seeing a professional therapist who can help you. There is nothing wrong with needing help sometimes, so don’t feel defeated if you need professional help.
At the end of the day, the best way for you to accept the situation and move on with a smile is to acknowledge your feelings, deal with them in a timely manner, and then put the situation behind you. Your own well-being depends on it.
Don’t turn into a victim who feels sorry for yourself and talks about the situation all the time. It’s not good for your mindset. It only delays the letting go process.
In fact, your intrusive thoughts are only hurting you. Most likely, it didn’t take much time for the person who caused the situation to forget about it and move on. It’s the way things work in life. People who hurt others don’t have compassion for others. Often, the only thing they care about is themselves.
How Do You Smile in HARD TIMES Quotes
Use these accept the situation quotes and smile quotes to help you develop a mindset that you are able to smile through hard times and overcome. Remember, that which does not kill you makes you stronger!
“I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.” – Santosh Kalwar
“A negative mind will never give you a positive life.” — Unknown
“Always keep your smile. That’s how I explain my long life.” — Jeanne Calment
“Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” – Anna Lee
“Sometimes we’re gonna have our bad days, but we must continue to work to be great. Keep smiling. It looks beautiful on you!” – Demi Lovato
“Smile, it’s free therapy.” — Douglas Horton
“Nothing shakes the smiling heart.” – Santosh Kalwar
“Smile. It intimidates those who wish to destroy you.” — Unknown
“Smile and let everyone know that today, you’re a lot stronger than you were yesterday.” — Anonymous
“Just because a person smiles all the time doesn’t mean their life is perfect. That smile is a symbol of hope and strength.” — Lauryn Hill
“When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.” – Steve Maraboli
“Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding your self that everything happens for a reason.” – John Mayer
“Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” — Yoko Ono
“Drive away and try to keep smiling. Get a little rock and roll on the radio and go toward life with all the courage you can find and all the belief you can muster. Be true, be brave, stand.” – Stephen King
“When life gives you a hundred reasons to break down and cry, show life that you have a million reasons to smile and laugh. Stay strong.” — Anonymous
“A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
“Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you.” – Peace Pilgrim
Final Thoughts: Accept the Situation and Move On
As Lao Tzu says, “If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.” I like this way of thinking!
Let go of your troubles, put a smile on your face, and everything else will work out! You are the master of your life — don’t let someone else, or a bad situation, determine how you live your life!
You may also enjoy these related articles:
- How to Leave the Past in the Past When Dealing with Trauma
- 25+ Powerful Tips for Dealing with an Adult Bully
Love to ALL! ~ Susan