Time to Let Go! 100 Powerful Affirmations for Letting Go
You know in your heart it’s time to let go! So here we have 100 powerful affirmations for letting go and helping you move forward with your life.
Use these powerful daily affirmations to help you create a new life that is free of the past! Don’t let something from your past weigh you down and leave you surrounded by negative energy.
Learning to let go of the past is an important part of your personal development and self-improvement. And since we are redefining our personal growth here at Sassy Sister Stuff — at any age or stage of life — these affirmations for letting go will get us off to a great start!
It’s time to let go! Use these letting go affirmations to free your mind and spirit!
Related Article: 50 Powerful Affirmations for Self-Love
100 Powerful Affirmations for Letting Go and Moving On
When you experience a loss, pain, or any other difficult emotion, it can be hard to let go and move on. But you can use positive affirmations for letting go to help you feel better and eventually get over the pain.
Affirmations are positive statements about what you want to happen in your life. These statements should be supportive and motivating, and should help you believe that the process of letting go is worth it.
Choose your favorite affirmations from the list below and start moving forward with your life!
Affirmations for Letting Go of Someone
Sometimes we hold on to past relationships for far too long and they take up too much space in our mind and hearts. Use these affirmations for letting go of a relationship to open that space for all the positive relationships that are waiting for you.
1. I am ready and able to put the past behind me and move forward with new people in my life.
2. I am ready to make room in my life for someone new and great.
3. I know good things will happen for me when I let go of someone from the past.
4. I am not scared of letting someone go as I know it’s for the best.
5. I am grateful for my past relationships but am ready to move on and look to a brighter future.
6. I am open to meeting new people and forming new relationships.
7. I am ready to start a new chapter in my life with new people.
8. I will find love again if I open my heart and let go of the past.
9. I cannot hold on to someone who doesn’t want me in [his/her] life because it’s not healthy.
10. I am able to say goodbye to anything halting my spiritual growth and mental health.
Related Article: How to Survive Major Transitions in Life
Letting Go Affirmations for Fear
Fear can be a difficult thing to overcome. First, we learn to live with it and then suddenly it becomes debilitating. The key to letting go of fear is learning to trust yourself enough to know you can overcome it. So use these affirmations for letting go of fear to help you overcome!
11. I am brave enough to take chances and grow through my fears.
12. My struggles are opportunities to grow and become the person I am meant to be.
13. My confidence continues to grow as I let go of my fears.
14. I release fear, tension, and stress to make room for more positive feelings.
15. I find it easier to move forward without fear and apprehension.
16. Today, I breathe in strength and breathe out fear.
17. Today, I live fearlessly for my future.
18. I am resilient and never give up because of fears.
19. I courageously protect my happiness from my fears.
20. I overcome fear by breathing and pushing through it.
Letting Go Affirmations for Stress and Worry
Affirmations can help counter the feelings of panic, stress, worry, and self-doubt that often accompany anxiety. To help negate these feelings, get in the habit of using these powerful affirmations for letting go on a regular basis.
21. I let go of what I can’t change and do my best with what I can.
22. I am in control of my mind and will become focused and worry-free.
23. I know that worrying is not helping to improve the outcome.
24. I don’t worry about things I can’t control.
25. I release negative energy and let go of worry because it does not help me.
26. I will not be held back by worry and unproductive thoughts.
27. I have the power to make all the necessary changes I need in my life for a better future.
28. I let go of stress and worry, and other negative emotions, to make room for positive emotions.
29. I know things always turn out the way they are supposed to turn out so worry does not help.
30. Today I release all stress and worry to let in the sunshine and light.
Affirmations to Let Go of the Past
If you keep thinking about something that has happened to you, it’s time to let go of the past and move forward. Holding on to thoughts of what could have been or what if… or I wish things had been different are only holding you back from living a life of genuine happiness and peace.
You are likely missing out on a lot of opportunities for gratitude and growth all around you. Use these affirmations for letting go of the past to help you move forward.
31. I have the power to let go of my past and move on.
32. My past does not have any control over my present and future.
33. I am a brand new person with hopes and dreams who walks into a bright future with a smile on my face.
34. I am not my past and my past mistakes don’t define who I am today.
35. I learned all the lessons I was meant to learn from my past and today I am ready to let go.
36. I am letting the past stay in the past and I am open to a better future.
37. I am ready and willing to accept a new chapter in my life.
38. I am healing at my own pace, and I am at peace.
39. Today I say goodbye to things from my past that are blocking my spiritual growth.
40. I hold on to the positive memories from past relationships and let go of the dark memories with peace.
Letting Go Affirmations for Guilt
The act of forgiving yourself is the most difficult, most humbling, and most liberating experience you can gift yourself. Forgiveness gives your soul space for authentic spiritual growth and peace of heart and mind. These affirmations for letting go of guilt will help you find your peace.
41. I let go of my guilt from the past as I focus on the present.
42. I release the feelings of guilt and shame that have been with me for far too long.
43. I treat myself with love, kindness, and respect, as this is what I deserve.
44. I forgive myself and let go of all the feelings that hold me back.
45. I cannot change my past behavior so I release the guilt and move forward in peace.
46. Guilt does me no good so I release it into the world and hold on to my peace.
47. I give myself the gift of forgiveness and allow myself to move on.
48. I forgive myself so I can forgive others.
49. Today I release the heavy weight of doubt, shame, guilt and embarrassment.
50. I am able to heal from the hurt and pain I have caused to others.
Related Article: 60 Peaceful Bedtime Affirmations for Good Sleep
Affirmations for Letting Go of Control
As you release your need to control everything around you, you free up time and energy to actually enjoy life. You can’t control what’s going on around you, but you can control the way you react to it. Use these powerful affirmations for letting go of control to help change your mindset and cultivate a sense of peace.
51. I trust that everything will happen as it is intended to happen.
52. I embrace the belief that there is no need to control anything around me.
53. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given and have no need to control.
54. I release control and trust my instincts.
55. My spirit is free and joyful and I have no need to control.
56. I am empowered by my choice to let go of the need to control.
57. I accept that there are many things that I cannot control.
58. I cannot control everything but I can control my reactions.
59. Today I give up the need to be right and focus on the need to be kind.
60. I trust the universe to guide me in the right direction.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Hurt
The emotional baggage of pain and hurt only weighs you down. Trust me, the person who hurt you does not care. It’s time to forgive people for hurting you and let go of past pain. Use these affirmations for letting go of hurt to move on from pain and hurt.
61. I am not defined by my past pain and hurt.
62. The things that I went through do not define who I am.
63. I choose to uplift those who have hurt me and send them positive energy and intentions.
64. I am not held back by the spirit of offense.
65. I forgive those who have wronged me and choose to live a life full of love, joy and peace.
66. I no longer hold things against others because it serves no purpose.
67. I am surrounded by an overflowing sense of warmth, peace, and happiness.
68. I forgive those who have hurt me.
69. The vision for my life is free of baggage, grudges, and hurt.
70. I am set free because I forgive others and move on.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Anger
Holding on to anger or resentment causes negative energy to overpower your mindset. Soon, you will find yourself being angry at the world.
Using positive affirmations for letting go of anger will significantly improve your ability to manage your anger and respond to life situations more appropriately.
71. I refuse to let anger control of my life and instead I allow peace to control my life.
72. I am capable of transforming anger into positive learning experiences.
73. I let go of the anger that weights me down so I feel strong and confident.
74. I believe that everything in the universe is in perfect order and anger does no good.
75. I acknowledge when I have a feeling of anger but refuse to act on it.
76. I transform angry feelings into self-control, acceptance, and peace.
77. I choose not to think or react with harshness and anger.
78. I recognize what triggers my negative feelings and create a peaceful environment to deter those feelings.
79. I avoid stressful situations that cause anger and welcome sources of joy.
80. My mind is a calm space free of anger and toxicity.
Related Article: 10 Simple Affirmations for Confidence
Affirmations to Let Go of Negativity
Affirmations can help strengthen your self-worth by boosting a positive opinion of yourself, the circumstances that surround you, and your confidence in your ability to achieve your goals.
Use these positive affirmations for letting go of those negative thoughts and releasing that negative energy from your life. Toxic thinking interferes with your happiness.
81. I choose positivity and feel the negativity leave my body.
82. I abandon all toxic thoughts to make room for positivity in my life.
83. I control my thoughts, and I choose to think nothing but positive thoughts.
84. I am filled with positivity and a new vibrant attitude.
85. Toxic thoughts have no place in my life, and I will not allow them to control me.
86. I release all thoughts that don’t help me think positively.
87. Each day is a new chance for positivity, and today I choose to be positive.
88. I will not replay negative situations in my mind that upset or hurt me.
89. When my thoughts drift, they will drift to positive and peaceful thoughts.
90. I breathe in positive energy and breathe out my toxic thinking.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Ego
Many of the problems we face in life are related to our ego. We often allow our ego to create negative feelings that bring us down. As Eckhart Toller believes, if we can let go of our ego, we will become free to truly explore self and who we are meant to become.
91. I release all feelings of needing to be perfect and accept who I am.
92. I do not need possessions to feed my ego or my spirit.
93. I resist the need to always be better and do better than others.
94. Those little feelings of inadequacy are nothing but my ego speaking and I don’t need to listen.
95. Today I stop comparing myself to others because I am perfect just the way I am.
96. I am doing my best and my best is enough.
97. I am open to new possibilities without the need to feed my ego.
98. I know my authentic self and value that person.
99. I release my ego and embrace my authentic being.
100. I know I am a good person even when my ego allows me to have negative thoughts.
Why is Letting Go and Moving Forward Important?
Moving on from a difficult experience is often one of the hardest things we can do. But it can eventually feel like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders and we finally feel free.
But why is it so important to let go and move forward? Letting go of something doesn’t mean that we forget it or are willing to forgive and forget. It simply means that we accept that something no longer exists in our lives and we are free to focus on the future.
Why Letting Go is So Hard?
Human beings naturally have a difficult time with change. Your subconscious mind knows it’s time for a change, but the end of a relationship or the fear of the unknown can make it hard. Letting go of past experiences can be a powerful tool for positive changes in your life.
People are afraid of change. New beginnings can be scary.
Letting go is hard because it means that you need to free yourself from some aspects of your past. Things that have become a part of yourself – of what makes you who you are today. Getting rid of something that has made you who you are today in this present moment can be scary.
It also means you might have to discover who you really are right now without the things you are letting go. That can be scary, too. Not to mention, you’ll be discovering a new you after you have let things go.
Related Article: 23 Easy Ways to Help Rewire Your Anxious Brain
How to Use Affirmations for Letting Go and Moving Forward
Just for clarification, affirmations are positive statements said with confidence about a perceived truth. Sometimes that perceived truth can have a negative impact on your life so you have to change it — let go of it.
Repeating affirmations daily will help you let go of the past and move forward with the future. Choose the best affirmations that resonate with you on a personal level and repeat them often.
Keep your affirmations handy so they are at the forefront of your brain. Write them on sticky notes, in your journal, in your notes App on your phone. Keep them in your bathroom, your car, your desk, your kitchen. Wherever you can readily see and access them.
Plan certain times throughout each day to say your affirmations for letting go. I like to do mine while putting on my make-up in the morning and washing my face at night. I keep them posted on the mirror or wall in front of me. I have also put them on the dashboard of my car to help me remember to say them throughout my daily travels. I have also put them on my nightstand to remember to say my affirmations before I close my eyes.
Say them aloud. Don’t just read them silently. Your brain believes what you say to it.
Final Thoughts On Using Affirmations For Letting Go
Be sure to understand that affirmations are positive statements in the present tense that relate to what it is you want to manifest — what you want to happen. It’s important that these statements are said as if the thing you’re manifesting is already yours.
Affirmations help you retrain your brain to think the way you want to think and feel. Don’t allow negative external forces to get into your head and mess with your life.
Positive affirmations of all kinds can help your brain lead the way to positive, productive thinking and true happiness. Be sure to check out the links throughout this article for different kinds of daily positive affirmations!
Now take a deep breath and start using letting go affirmations to start the healing process and finding the good vibes in your life again! Take that first step toward getting rid of your negative habits, some painful memories, and that failed relationship to move on! Good luck!
Love to All! ~ Susan
Have You Discovered Affirmations for Letting Go that Will Help You Move Forward in Life?
Please share your thoughts in the comments below:)