I love inspirational quotes that help me stay focused and grounded in life. These 85 Jay Shetty quotes about life, love, and happiness do just that! They help me maintain a positive mindset of gratitude and grace. They also help me remember what’s important in life.
Since Sassy Sister Stuff focuses on personal growth, wellness, happiness, self love, and mindset — at all ages and stages of life — I think these inspirational quotes will be very helpful to all of us! I’ve only recently become familiar with Jay Shetty’s work, so it’s been fun to research this article!
Jay Shetty offers a deep sense of wisdom that comes from his own life experiences. I find it helpful to sit with his quotes and reflect on the true meaning of his words. I hope you do too!
Related Article: 60 Uplifting Quotes and Encouraging Words for Women
Who is Jay Shetty?
As stated on his website, “Jay Shetty is an internet personality, storyteller, podcast host, purpose coach and former monk who is making wisdom go viral.”
But the more you read about Jay Shetty, the more you learn that’s a fairly simple description of all he has done in his young life!
Jay Shetty was born on September 7, 1987 in England. He is of Indian descent; he is an English best-selling author; and he was a Hindu monk. He has been a vlogger, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, narrator, and viral content creator. He reports that he is still trying to decide what he wants to be when he grows up!
His best-selling book, Think Like a Monk, was published in 2020 and his podcast, On Purpose, can be found anywhere you listen to podcasts. I follow him on Instagram, too! He seems like a very down-to-earth guy!
Jay Shetty Quotes About Life, Love, and Happiness
In this article, I have collected 85 of the most inspirational Jay Shetty quotes about life, love, and happiness. You’ll see below that I’ve also thrown in a bonus section for his quotes about self love. Give his words of wisdom careful thought and consideration as you work on your personal growth and wellness journey.
Inspirational Jay Shetty Quotes About Life
1. Failures are only failures when we don’t learn from them, because when we learn from them they become lessons.
2. You don’t know what you need in your life until you figure out who you are.
3. We all experience insecurities in work, relationships, friendships and even family. And when that happens, we let insecurities completely destroy something amazing. Don’t let insecurity ruin something amazing.
4. Never judge anyone, because you never know how their life is and what they go through.
5. Often the people closest to us get the worst of us. And the people we barely know get the best of us.
6. We’re so anxious about what will happen in the future that we don’t enjoy the present. The result being, we don’t live in the present or the future. We end up living, feeling like we’re never going to die and then die never having truly lived.
7. Fast-forward where you are. Look at yourself in 10, 15, 20 years time and ask yourself the question: Is that where I want to be? If you’re in a company, look at the person who’s 20 years ahead of you and ask yourself: Is that where I want to be? If you’re in a start-up, look at where other startups have got to in similar roles and go: Is that where I want to be? And if the answer’s NO, then you need to find a new path.
8, Everything in life happens according to our time our clock. You may look at some of your friends and think that they’re ahead of you. Maybe some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace. They have their own time and clock and so do you. Be patient.
9. Our words have more power than we even believe. Our words define our reality. We need to pick them carefully. Make sure you taste your words before you spit them out.
10. Forgiveness and letting go and the ability to rise above the challenges that have been caused by others in our life is such a important ability, because we need to learn to accept apologies that we never received.
11. The paradox of our times is that we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts, but less solutions.
12. Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but make sure it does not replace you as the driver.
13. Our value is not created by the price of our clothes or our bank balance or the job title that we have. We should be building a life and not just building our CV.
14. If you’re looking around and you find yourself being the smartest person in the room, change rooms because you’re in the wrong one. You want to be around people who lift up the way you think, who lift up your mindset, who really take you to new dimensions and horizons that you can never ever imagine yourself.
15. I believe you should focus your life on observing the little things, because one day you look back and realize they were the big things.
16. When a child is learning how to walk and falls down 50 times, it never stops and thinks to itself this isn’t for me. We need to learn to fail like a child.
17. Getting your degree after 25, is still an achievement. Not being married at 30, but still happy is beautiful. Starting a family after 35, is still possible. Buying a house after 40, is still great. Don’t let anyone rush you with their timelines.
18. I know that we’ve all been in that position: feeling confused and seriously lacking mission. But then I ask myself: at the end of my life, what will I regret? And the answer is clear: the pain of regret far outweighs the pain of risk. So next time you’re going through challenges, just remember this: a winner is just a loser who tried one more time. All you need is one person to say YES. One moment can change everything. There are decades where nothing happens and there are days where decades happen. A year from now you will have wish you started today.
19. Often all of us are greeted in life by boulders on our path – whether it’s in our careers, whether it’s in our relationships – and what we need to remind ourselves at that point is that we can either be like the people who complained and criticize or be like this one person who decided to move the boulder and see every point of adversity as an opportunity for growth.
20. It’s not about how slow you go, just as long as you don’t stop.
21. When we realize that we’re students for life, instead of making people see how powerful we are, we want people to understand how powerful they are. We’ll learn how to empower others. We will actually attract people to work with us to achieve our goals.
22. Often we’re so engrossed in our work that we forget to value, appreciate and recognize those that we’re actually working for. We get so wrapped up in our own lives that we forget the people that make up our life.
23. Judging is critical but observing can be educational. Therefore, we should be so focused on improving ourselves that we don’t have any energy to criticize anyone else.
24. When it comes to your skills, invest in your strengths. When it comes to your quality, invest in your weaknesses.
25. We should never let compliments get to our head and never let criticism get to our heart because when we do that we can start to build with genuineness and authenticity. When we’re humble, we can actually grow and rise up and always feel that we’re learning, always feel that we’re developing, always feel that someone can share insight at any moment that can change our lives.
26. The person that we will become in five years is defined by the people that we spend time with today and the books that we read today.
27. The same technology that brings us close to those far away, takes us far away from the people that are actually close.
28. Yet in a world with so much information, we’re somehow still missing the wisdom of life.
29. Life and time are the best two teachers. Life teaches us to make good use of time and time teaches us the value of life.
30. To realize the value of a millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.
31. The way we communicate says it all. We spend more time holding our phones than we hold each other. We ask Google more question than we ask each other.
32. I make decisions based on intuition and insight, heart and head. I lead with my heart and observe enough so that my head can catch up.
33. Everything makes sense, even if you can’t make sense of it right now. Don’t judge the moment.
34. Real friends tell you when you aren’t living up to your potential. They don’t let you sit and be mediocre and think you are lit.
35. Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.
36. I love asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because I’m still looking for ideas.
37. When you learn a little, you feel you know a lot. But when you learn a lot, you realize you know very little.
38. You can’t do the big things if you’re always distracted by the small ones.
39. Starve Your distractions, feed your focus.
40. Turn your cant’s into cans and your dreams into plans.
41. The biggest room in the world is the room for self-improvement.
Jay Shetty Quotes about Love
42. People who care will ask how you’re doing. People who love you will wait until you tell the truth.
43. What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it.
44. Some people love you but don’t tell you. Some people tell you but don’t love you.
45. So many people are together but not in Love. So many people are in Love but not together.
46. We are meant to love people and use things but today we use people and love things.
47. Don’t worry about rejections. All you need is one person to say yes.
48. The challenge is we ignore the ones who support us, support the ones who ignore us. Love the ones who hurt us and hurt the ones who love us.
49. Choose people who choose you.
50. Love didn’t hurt you. Someone who doesn’t know to love hurt you. Don’t confuse the two.
51. Every act is either an act of love or a cry for love.
52. A best friend is someone who loves you when you forget to love yourself.
Related Article: Timeless Wisdom and Quotes for All Stages of Life
Jay Shetty Quotes About Happiness
53. What if Oprah listened to her haters and doubters? What if Steve Jobs settled for a real job? What if The Rock never broke through depression? What if Ellen never overcame the bullying? Imagine a world where everyone lived their passion. We would be better people. We’d be better partners. We’d be better parents.
54. What we’re searching for is not out there, but it’s inside. Therefore, happiness is actually an inside job.
55. What we need to recognize is that the things that we truly want, the things that are deeply meaningful, the things that are genuinely fulfilling, all require patience. They all require work. They all require energy.
56. The challenges we all want to be with someone who makes us happy, when what we need to do is be some who makes us happy.
57. We need to redefine what success means. Let’s not make happiness and success about the size of our homes, but about the size of our heart. Let’s not make it about gratification, but gratitude.
58. Spend more time with people who make you forget to look at your phone.
59. Stay around people who look more like your future than your past.
60. Don’t be afraid of new beginnings, new people, new energy, new surroundings, and new challenges. Embrace new chances at happiness.
61. Think about what you can do right now, not what you wish you had done before.
62. Being happy for someone else’s success makes you happier. Go try it and stop being salty.
63. Success comes from gaining, happiness comes from giving.
Bonus: Jay Shetty Quotes About Self Love
64. The best people to surround yourself with are the people that bring out the best in you.
65. We may not be the best, but if we keep going longer we will better ourselves.
66. It’s amazing what we can do when our passion meets a purpose greater than our self. That’s why we need to explore our curiosity. Invest in what interest us. Follow what intrigues us.
67. It’s important to figure out who you’re not, in order to figure out who you are.
68. We speak about being healthy and our well-being, but we act more like human doings than we do like human beings. Therefore, instead of to-do lists we need to-be lists. Instead of thinking about what you want to do, think about who you want to be. Do you want to be more self-aware? Do you want to be more conscious? Do you want to be a better person? Do you want to be a difference in the world? We need to move away from what we want to do in situations to who we want to be in situations.
69. No one is you and that’s your superpower, that’s what makes ‘you’, you, that’s what makes you unique, that’s what it is about you that will make a difference in the world.
70. The thing about limitations is that they are only true as long as you believe in them. So, instead of believing in your limitations, start believing in yourself.
71. Don’t worry about what anyone else is doing. Your life is about growing yourself and investing in yourself and reaching your true potential. You are not in competition with anyone else.
72. We don’t know who we want to become, because we’re too distracted by who everyone else is becoming.
73. Don’t live for the approval of others. Document the moments you’re most in love with yourself, not just the moments you think people will love the most.
74. Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.
75. People are so far removed from their own understanding of themselves that they are either lost living a life that they didn’t want to, lost living up to someone’s expectations, or lost becoming someone to impress someone else. Their real identity is almost buried under 6 feet of multiple identities that they created.
76. When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.
77. The slowest road to success is when you’re comparing yourself to others.
78. The more you try and keep up with others’ opinions, the more you’ll fall behind.
79. Everything will happen for you all of a sudden and you will be thankful you didn’t give up. Blessings are coming.
80. You are still young, and you aren’t supposed to have your whole life figured out yet. Don’t stress. Everything will work out.
81. If we never learn to be alone, we will always feel lonely.
82. Swap ‘Why is this happening to me?’ to ‘What is this trying to teach me?’. It will change everything.
83. Your identity should be made by what you think you should be.
84. Don’t let the world change your smile, use your smile to change the world.
85. The biggest room in the world is the room for self-improvement.
Final Thoughts: Jay Shetty Quotes About Life, Love, and Happiness
In conclusion, I hope you’ve found these Jay Shetty quotes about life, love, and happiness inspiring and motivational. His messages remind me that there is much to be grateful for in life, no matter what challenges we may face.
If we stay positive and focus on the good, we can create a life that is meaningful and fulfilling. We can all learn something from Jay Shetty’s wisdom, and his words are great reminders to live each day to the fullest.
I encourage you to take some time to read through his quotes and see which ones resonate with you the most. Then, put them into practice and see how they change your life for the better.
Love to All! ~ Susan
Jay Shetty Quotes About Life… Which Are Your Favorite Quotes?
Share your thoughts in the comments:)