Pursuing your goals, dreams, and passions can be a challenging and often lonely journey, especially if you encounter naysayers and skeptics who do not support you. Sadly, it’s not uncommon to face skepticism, doubt, or even outright criticism from those around you when you share your aspirations.
In these moments, it can be easy to feel discouraged, lost, or alone. You can easily lose confidence and motivation when faced with criticism and negativity from people who don’t support you. But do not be deterred.
In this article, we will explore some of the most powerful quotes that encourage you to stay true to yourself, believe in your dreams, and push through the adversity, even when people do not support you.
These if they don’t support you quotes offer encouragement, perspective, and inspiration to help you stay focused and motivated on your path to success even if you don’t have support from family and friends.
If They Don’t Support You Quotes About THEM
Negative people can have a significant impact on your life, draining your energy, and bringing you down. They often are too negative to support you and your aspirations because of their pessimistic outlook.
Unfortunately, a pessimistic outlook on life can be contagious, and it can be challenging to maintain a positive mindset in the presence of someone who is always negative and toxic.
By surrounding yourself with positivity and inspiration, you can counteract the negativity and maintain a healthy and optimistic perspective.
These quotes offer a source of wisdom and guidance for anyone who wants to protect their energy and pursue their dreams, even in the face of negativity and a lack of support.
1. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” ~ Robert Tew
2. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ~ Kamand Kojouri
3. “Pay no attention to toxic words. What people say is often a reflection of themselves, not you.” ~ Christian Baloga
4. “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.” ~ Moosa Rahat
5. “No matter how much good you do, there will always be a few percent of people who don’t support you.” ~ Vincent Tan
6. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” ~ Joel Osteen
7. “Someone despises me. That’s their problem.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
8. “Remember…Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour
9. “Set healthy boundaries with unsupportive people. Release hurts by forgiving, bless their hearts, and then farewell to them.”
10. “Stop expecting loyalty from people who can’t even give you honesty.”
11. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.” ~ Robin Williams
12. “Most people don’t listen with the intent to understand. They listen with the intent to reply.” ~ Stephen Covey
13. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them, but still move on without them.” ~ Mandy Hale
14. “If you allow people to make more withdrawals than deposits in your life, you will be out of balance and in the negative. Know when to close that account.” ~ Christie Williams
15. “Throughout life, you will find those people who are selfish, hateful, and inconsiderate. You can’t change people, but you can change how much they are a part of your life.”
16. “I forgive, but I also learn a lesson. I won’t hate you, but I’ll never get close enough for you to hurt me again. I can’t let my forgiveness become foolishness.” ~ Tony Gaskins
17. “If they don’t support you, it’s time to reassess who’s really on your team.”
18. “Never waste your time seeking validation from those who don’t value you.”
19. “If they don’t support your vision, it’s because they lack the imagination to see it.”
20. “The naysayers will always be there, but you have the power to rise above their negativity.”
21. “My attitude toward friendship has remained the same. I will support and encourage you with all the love in my heart, but if it’s not reciprocal, I gotta go. If your friends are bitter about your success to the extent that they act out, don’t expect them to change. Move on.” ~ RuPaul
22. “If they don’t support you, keep moving forward and show them what they’re missing.
23. “The ones who say, ‘You can’t,’ or ‘You won’t,’ are probably the most scared that you will.”
Inspiration for YOU If You Don’t Have Their Support
Whether you have an unsupportive family, or your friends struggle to see your vision, you have to be your own best advocate and believe that you can make your dreams happen.
These quotes offer a source of inspiration and motivation for anyone who is struggling to stay on track and stay committed to their goals because they don’t have support from their friends and loved ones.
24. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ~ Deborah Reber
25. “I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.” ~ Gandhi
26. “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.” ~ Phil McGraw
27. “Not everyone is going to like you, no matter how hard you try, so don’t waste your energy trying to please everyone. Instead focus on being your true, authentic self.”
28. “Avoid negative people, for they are the greatest destroyers of self-confidence and self-esteem. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you!” ~ Auliq Ice
29. “The path to freedom is illuminated by the bridges you have burned, adorned by the ties you have cut, and cleared by the drama you have left behind. Let go. Be free.” ~ Steve Maraboli
30. “If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone.” ~ Gautama Buddha
31. “There is no support so strong as the strength that enables one to stand alone.” ~ Ellen Glasgow
32. “If you expect nothing, you can never be disappointed.” ~ Tonya Hurley
33. “I set boundaries, not to offend you but to respect myself.”
34. “You may not realize it now but your path is being made clear. Keep walking by faith.” ~ Tony Gaskins
35. “No matter what the situation is…close your eyes and think of all the things in your life you could be grateful for right now.” ~ Deepak Chopra
36. Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” ~ Hussein Nishah
37. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” ~ Orrin Woodward
38. “No matter how good you are, someone is always going to be against you. But never let them be the limit of your success.” ~ Terry Mark
39. “Make sure everybody in your ‘boat’ is rowing and not drilling holes when you’re not looking. Know your circle.”
40. “Mindfulness won’t ensure you’ll win an argument with your sister. Mindfulness won’t enable you to bypass your feelings of anger or hurt, either. But it may help you see the conflict in a new way, one that allows you to break through old patterns.” ~ Sharon Salzberg
41. “Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious.” ~ Rachel Wolchin
42. “I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!” ~Theodore Roosevelt
43. “I believed in myself when no one else did.”
44. “Sometimes, you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand back up taller than you ever were.”
45. “As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulders to practice the behavior you want others to follow.” ~ Himanshu Bhatia
46. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” ~ Mark Twain
47. “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” ~ James Allen
48. “Sometimes the people who doubt you the most are the ones who inspire you to prove them wrong.”
49.”Don’t believe everything you hear — even in your own mind.” ~ Daniel Amen
50. “You are never a loser until you quit trying.” ~ Mike Kitka
51. “None of us can change our yesterday, but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~ Colin Powell
52. “Surround yourself with people who lift you higher, not those who drag you down.”
53. “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going rather than retreat.” ~ Sylvester Stallone
54. “When I was younger I used to think that movies were real life. I asked my mom once ‘Who’s the main character of the earth?’ She replied, ‘You are.'”
55. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a room with a mosquito.”
56. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” ~ John Quincy Adams
57. “It’s your life. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for living it your way.”
58. “I want to be around people that do things. I don’t want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people that dream and support and do things.” ~ Amy Poehler
59. “There are moments of frustration in life. You must build good relations to support you in these moments. You must also learn to encourage yourself and decide to stay determined in life.” ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
60. “You don’t need anyone’s approval to pursue your dreams, just the courage to take the first step.”
61. “Your success is not determined by the number of people who believe in you, but by your own determination and hard work.”
Short If They Don’t Support You Quotes
62. “The only opinion that truly matters is your own.”
63. “Believe in yourself even when others don’t.”
64. “Your success is not dependent on anyone else’s approval.”
65. “Don’t let the fear of rejection hold you back from achieving your goals.“
66. “If they don’t support your journey, it’s because they’re not meant to be a part of it.”
67. “You can’t please everyone, so focus on pleasing yourself.”
68. “If they don’t support you, they don’t deserve to share in your success.”
69. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”
70. “Don’t let the negativity of others dim your light.”
71. “Your potential is not determined by the opinions of others.”
72. “If they don’t support you, don’t waste your energy trying to change their minds.”
73. “Don’t let anyone hold you back from pursuing your dreams.”
74. “Surround yourself with people who see the greatness in you and push you to achieve it.”
75. “If they don’t support you, it’s because they’re intimidated by your potential.”
76. “You are not defined by the opinions of others.”
77. “Don’t let anyone else’s doubts stop you from chasing your dreams.”
78. “If they don’t support you, it’s their loss, not yours.”
79. “Sometimes the greatest support comes from within.”
80. “Believe in yourself even when no one else does.”
81. “Your worth is not measured by the approval of others.”
82. “Don’t let anyone else’s limitations limit your potential.”
83. “Never let the lack of support deter your mission.”
Unsupportive Family Quotes
This is a hard section for me to write because I think it’s so sad. In a perfect world, we would all grow up in a loving, compassionate home where family members support each other and their dreams.
I’ve been very lucky and I am very grateful for my family support. But I know this does not always happen.
Thus, I am including some inspirational quotes that I hope will give you hope and motivation if you do not have a family that supports your aspirations. Please use these inspirational quotes and words of wisdom to know you are not alone.
Additionally, if you don’t have a supportive family, know that you can build a tribe of people who love, encourage, and support all your dreams and goals even if they do not share your blood.
84. “Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.”
85. “If your family doesn’t treat you the right way, make sure you do.”
86. “Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.” ~ Chris Diaz
87. “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it’s the place we find the deepest heartache.” ~ Lyanla Vansant
88. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” ~ Richard Bach
89. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” ~ Euripedes
90. “If the family you choose before your birth no longer supports your path towards fulfilling your true destiny, it is never too late to find a new tribe.” ~ Anthon St. Maarten
91. “Ending the toxic cycle within your own life isn’t easy. When you don’t come from a healthy family, you do your best to ensure a healthy one comes from you.” ~ Steve Maraboli
92. “Shoutout to people who grew up with emotionally unsupportive parents and have to hear other people talk about how supportive their families are while you’re basically guiding yourself through life. You’re strong and brave.”
93. “Just because they are your family doesn’t mean that they know what’s best for you or your life.”
94. “It’s okay to cut toxic family members out of your life. Blood ain’t thicker than peace of mind.”
95. “Just because someone is your family doesn’t mean you have to keep them around if they are toxic or abusive. Don’t let people guilt you.” ~ Winnie Nantongo
96. “Family is supposed to be there for you no matter what comes your way. Shame on the ones who are not, that’s not what family is about.”
97. “But the people who mattered were the people you chose instead of the people who were yours by an accident of birth. Real family was heart as much as, if not more than, blood.” ~ Martina Boone
98. “Families must be built on love, trust, and acceptance but dysfunctional families have no such traits, which is why they are what they are.”
99. “Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.” ~ Chris Diaz
Final Thoughts: If They Don’t Support You Quotes
In conclusion, these if they don’t support you quotes should serve as a reminder that pursuing your dreams may not always be easy, and not everyone will believe in you. However, with determination, resilience, and a healthy mindset, you can overcome obstacles and achieve your goals and dreams.
Use these motivational quotes as inspiration to stay focused, confident, and true to yourself. Remember, the only person who needs to believe in you is YOU.
Stay empowered and confident in pursuing your dreams even if your friends and/or family don’t support you in your endeavors in life. YOU CAN DO THIS! I believe in YOU!
You may find comfort and inspiration in these related articles:
- 99 Inspirational Quotes About Life and Struggles
- Books, Blogs, and TED Talks for Hard Working Women
- How to Become Unbothered by Things that Don’t Matter
- 19 Powerful Reasons Why Mindset is Everything
Love to ALL! ~ Susan